Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Roku XDS Digital Video Player has arrived!

I finally decided to buy the Roku XD|S Video Player. I had initially contemplated buying a lower model (Roku XD) but decided to get the XD|S instead because the USB port may open up more possibilities in the near future. I've also learned that MLB has a channel on there which would allow me to watch baseball on my TV. With baseball season just around the corner, it seemed like the right time to buy it.



Let me sidetrack a little and talk about Amazon Prime. This service costs $79 a year from Amazon.com but is absolutely worth it. I'm sure you have heard other people say this. Any item that is Prime eligible can be shipped with 2-day shipping for free and overnight for only $3.99 per item. I want my tech as quickly as possible so this service works great for me. I used overnight shipping to get the Roku box and it was delivered this afternoon by the UPS guy.

The Roku XD|S player comes with the necessary documentation, an AC charger, composite audio-video cable (red-white-yellow) and a remote control (batteries included). There is no HDMI cable included. I will be setting up the box shortly and will write a longer review about setup and advanced features later on. For now enjoy this unboxing video on my YouTube channel.


No comments:

Post a Comment