Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

iPad Keyboard Dock + DockXtender Cable = See for yourself!

So you bought an iPad Keyboard Dock to go with your iPad but are you getting the most out of it? I realized the whole setup was missing something. Why can't I use the iPad in landscape mode while still being able to use the keyboard dock? It would be great if there were a 30-pin male to female cable so you could do this. There is one and let me tell you more about it.


It's called the CableJive dockXtender Premium Extension Cable and is available here. 

The dockXtender Cable by CableJive
Beware of similar cables that sell for a fraction of the price on eBay. Those won't work with the keyboard dock; they'll charge and sync your iPad but no keyboard functionality. The CableJive cable gets all functions connected through it. This means it can be used with the keyboard dock, audio docking stations, computers and the list goes on. And what's more? It works with the iPhone 4 and iPod too. 


At $25 it may seem a little pricey but it gives you more flexibility when using your iPad. I ordered mine a few days ago and just received it today. With the way my devices are set up it works perfectly for me. Now I can have my facebook/twitter feed/chat running on my iPad while I use the computer without those distractions. Plus I have music streaming to my home theater system from my iPad and the keyboard dock gives my full iPod control without having to ever touch my iPad. Take a look:



iPad Keyboard Dock + dockXtender

So if you like what you see go ahead and get it. With the iPad off the table it reduces clutter at my desk while still giving me access to most of its features through the keyboard dock. I like this cable and the functionality it adds to both, my iPad and my keyboard dock.

No comments:

Post a Comment