Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

HBO Anywhere is now a Reality!

I found out just today that HBO's streaming service, 'HBO Go', is now up and running for AT&T U-verse customers. This is great news because it means I don't have to use up space on my DVR to catch up on episodes of shows like Eastbound & Down and Bored to Death. Movies on HBO can also be watched on-demand. Look out Netflix and Hulu Plus!



HBO Go now makes it possible to stream premium content on-demand. Great Shows, Great Movies, Anywhere!
I like HBO because of the commercial-free content. Plus the shows and movies on there are truly great and 'premium'. It's an extra few dollars on my U-verse bill but I'll take it. I was offered a discounted price for the package when I renewed my contract with AT&T on buying the new iPhone 4 at the time. Before that I had Dish Network and there was nothing great about their service. With a bundled plan (all my home services are now with AT&T including my cell phone) the discounts are obvious. I pay a lot less than paying for Dish Network (which was offered through AT&T) and get over 450 channels.

Just finished watching an episode of Eastbound & Down and the video quality was excellent. No buffering issues (of course this depends on the internet connection too) and it's like watching it on TV. What needs to happen next is for the HBO app in the iTunes store to get updated to watch HBO Go content with a support for AirPlay. Then I could stream the content directly to my TV at any time using my iPad.

I must mention though that an existing subscription to HBO is required to access HBO Go. It asked me for my AT&T U-verse login credentials on the HBO Go page to begin streaming. There are a lot of on-demand movies available along with stand-up specials, sports content like boxing, documentaries and late night TV. Having all this premium content available for streaming really makes having an HBO subscription from your cable company worth it. Thanks HBO and AT&T!

No comments:

Post a Comment